I am very angry! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

What should/can I do?

Call a lawyer
12%
Call the police
35%
Sit at home and angrily polish my shotgun
53%

Total votes: 17

Mirai_Peorth
Senpai - Elder

Post by Mirai_Peorth »

Waaaay off topic, but I can't help it.

Elendil, I love your icon. Sooooo cute!!! ^.^ <3 :D
"Practice safe Zechs - Use a Gundam." - Unknown
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

I pity the next marketer who calls me. They will get the brunt of my anger.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

That guy is soooo fired. I did what basically amounted to telemarketer work for my school. We called up alumni, talked to them awhile, then asked for money. X| That kind of stuff is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY not tolerated. Now, you will probably never do business with that company, and the supervisors over at the call center know that.

The only problem I see with trying to call the number on the caller id is that it might not be a working number. It might just be a cover-all number to avoid anyone trying to use their caller id.

Personally, I'd want them to call again, because then you can talk to their supervisor and let them know what happened. Did Marie happen to get the caller's name? They're supposed to tell it to you.

Sadly enough, this kind of stuff happens all the time at call centers. I've never heard of anyone where I worked cussing people out, but I do know some callers who will set up a call-back if the person on the other line was rude, or if the spouse of the alumni tells them that the alumni is not interested. C'mon people, why do you think the alumni are rude in the first place? It's because of crap like that. One guy was talking about what college guys do when they're full of beer and out with a girl, and one of the alumni's answering machines picked up. He didn't noticed, so we got an angry call from an alumni about an interesting message that she had received. X|
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I can imagine it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Not Sir Phobos wrote:We are already on that list.
If that is the case call it in to the agency listed on the do not call website and report the incident. I believe the company will be in line for a hefty fine for such an infraction.

Payback is sweet :dgrin go get them :kamehameha:
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

What do you do when you're full of beer, Cloud? :crackup
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

They do their own thing.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Humorous aside to lighten the mood:

I'm mentally picturing NSP (in the chaps and tutu) saying (in Marvin the
Martan's voice, of course):
"You have made me angry, very angry indeed!"

Hmm...or should we go with the Princess Bride reference?:
"My name is Not Sir Phobos. You dissed my wife. Prepare to die!"
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

dont rule out:
Scammers, prank callers, or just a "gisgruntled employee."

I remember when I was in grade school and they taught us polite phone skills. Use to be, "This is "YOUR NAME" speaking, can I ask who's calling?" or something. Long gone are those days. Some how we've given marketers and corporations to many rights and in return they continually seem determined to destroy any and all means of communication for the sake of their bottomline. I wonder how much damage they can do to society before common sense returns.

/rant
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

Mirai_Peorth wrote:Waaaay off topic, but I can't help it.

Elendil, I love your icon. Sooooo cute!!! ^.^ <3 :D
heheh thanks. :D That's Samwise. Go to my site for more cute pig pics. :D
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

klet wrote:Personally, I'd want them to call again, because then you can talk to their supervisor and let them know what happened. Did Marie happen to get the caller's name? They're supposed to tell it to you.
No he didn't give a name, we obviously didn't get the company name, and frankly if the guy curses out callers and hangs up on them I don't really think he will give a call to his supervisor. I'm going after the company itself! THEY are the one who gave this goober a job and THEY put him in contact with my wife.

And I'm quite sure they torture puppies in the switch room and feast on the blood of innocents.
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Just had an epiphany!

I will find out where their business center is and trap the fox and send it to them /gg
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

If you post the #, maybe someone here can find out the name of the company for you *hint , hint*

Sorry to hear what happen. I really think it is great that you are doing this for Marie. It is the principal of the matter, totally understandable!

Kick them where it hurts!! :wink:

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I've heard of it before.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

The # is at home and I'm at work. I'll post the # tonite, pinky promise!