So I was at Suncoast tonight...

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
4_degree
Eiyuu - Hero

So I was at Suncoast tonight...

Post by 4_degree »

I had it all planned out. I had a $10 replay rewards certificate burning a hole in my pocket and the second volume of FLCL on special order. Hurrah!
I had put all but $10 down when I preordered the DVD because they wouldn't take the replay reward certificate as part of the deposit. But when the guy at the register rung up my DVD tonight, it came up on sale.
With my deposit that left about $4 left to be paid. Didn't seem like a big deal.
Then the guy finishes ringing up the sale and tells me I owe $14.
"How the hell do you figure that?" I says. Apparently I was all frustrated that my plan to use my $10 certificate was quickly going to seed and my subconcious had decided to take out my frustration on this particular sales clerk.
Did I mention that I had it all planned out?
So then the guy re-rings the sale, and tells me I owe about $4. But if I use my certificate, I don't get the rest of the reward back (remember, it's a $10 certificate). WTF.
I had it all planned out.
So I told the guy I'd special order the third volume of FLCL, forgetting completely that you can't use reward certificates to do a special order. Doesn't matter, though, because they're out of special order slips. Grrr!
On top of all this, I'm feeling bad for being such an ogre towards this poor, clueless salesperson.
Long story short, Zero paid the balance for the DVD and we left, happy to have the DVD in-hand.
I still feel kind of bad about using the "hell" word, though. It just popped out of my mouth, I swear.
I'm such a meanie :evil:
"Can't sleep... clowns will eat me."
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How did it get there?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
4_degree
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by 4_degree »

Cloud wrote:How did it get there?
How did what get where, Cloud?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

Hmm, interesting... interesting indeed. I would have looked him in the eye and ask him, "Do you feel lucky punk? Do ya?" Then died of laughter before his puzzled look could come out.

Sucks about the $10 replay rewards though, guess it is a new policy to not give back the difference. I remember when I first started they would give me a "gift certificate" in the amount of the difference. Or maybe that's because where I live... no idea, never looked into it.

At least you have your copy of FLCL, now how many times have you watched it?
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Perhaps. That makes sense to me. The planet we call "The Earth. "
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hey, it happens. I guess that's the trouble with planning things in advance, because whenever the plan goes arry, it's never good...
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yes it is one of the trouble with planning things in advance because whenever the plan goes arry it is never good.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
4_degree
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by 4_degree »

yoshito wrote:At least you have your copy of FLCL, now how many times have you watched it?
Sadly, I haven't had a chance to watch it at all tonight. /sob

But yeah, at least we have it. :vict
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

"it" being your copy of FLCL now how many times have you watched it? What happened to it?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
4_degree
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by 4_degree »

It's sitting patiently with all the rest of our anime DVD's, little bot. Very patiently...
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Your problem wasn't that you were frustrated with the salesperson, 4D... your problem was that you finally realized you were gonna pay good money for FLCL! blech!! :P

heeheehee! ;)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

shellie wrote:Your problem wasn't that you were frustrated with the salesperson, 4D... your problem was that you finally realized you were gonna pay good money for FLCL! blech!! :P
:hitting:

You're killing me, shellie, but I so agree! :rollin

Gee, for some reason I thought this was gonna be a thread about the new Miroku and Sango figures that are out finally. :)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

A lot of robots are like that.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
4_degree
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by 4_degree »

shellie wrote:Your problem wasn't that you were frustrated with the salesperson, 4D... your problem was that you finally realized you were gonna pay good money for FLCL! blech!! :P
It's okay, Zero thought I was nuts too for liking such a show, but now she's starting to get a little interested in what happens next /heh
The only thing wrong with FLCL, in my opinion, is the price they charge for the DVD's. Two episodes for $30 isn't just a ripoff, it's robbery. No matter what show it is.