Missing Cel / Has Anyone Heard From This Seller?

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Missing Cel / Has Anyone Heard From This Seller?

Post by Nene »

Going back to my ordeal in this post:
http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21565

Basically, my Spike (Bebop) cel was sent back to the seller (Taylor Cooke/Baumgardner - frozen_lain@hotmail.com ) and the last contact that she had with me was an email dated the 29th May saying that she was going to post it that day and would shortly email me the tracking information. I paid for EMS so I expected a tracking number.

But guess what? No email and no cel almost three weeks down the line. Also no reply to numerous emails from different email accounts for three weeks.

I made an announcement on Animanga here also:
http://www.eu.animanga.com/db/celsbook/ ... var=tnb=30

I'd just like to know if, on the slimmest chance, anyone here has had any contact with Taylor within these last three weeks; even just a simple query about one of her cels for sale that she's perhaps answered. Or does anyone know if anything has happened to her that has prevented her from getting to a computer/the post office? I don't think she's a member of Beta but seemed to frequent Animanga a while back. Unfortunately I don't have a telephone number for her, just her address, so I can't call her even. I've thought about sending her a letter in the post which will be my next step. I feel like I've been messed around which has made me quite upset and from the looks of things I stand a high chance of losing over $300 which isn't small change for me.

Any information is appreciated.

~Charli
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

It has been about 6 weeks since I have heard from her. I don't remember her mentioning anything unusual like that coming up though.

I'm sorry to hear that there has been so much trouble with your transaction. She was very fast in sending out my cel so I don't know what is going on. I hope it can be resolved soon.
kizu

Post by kizu »

Well nothing from this end either since her last e-mail to me about receiving the cel. Although I'm not sure whether it's a good thing to try this route, the cels she had advertised was hosted on someone's private website "jamesxu.net" and his contact info is listed in public in "whois.sc". I am not sure what their relation is though. I am out of state right now but feel free to PM as usual.
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
Nene

Post by Nene »

Ah, that was a route I didn't try. I've sent an email to the Yahoo address attached to the domain owner. Hopefully they might know something.
akadro
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by akadro »

Nene,

I have also been in contact with Taylor. In fact I was also worried cos I sent a lot of cash as I bought 5 cels from her. http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21828

As you can see I received them begining of June and spoke with her via MSN about a new deal it was around the 8 June. She is not really often in front of her computer and has a baby with a busy life. Honestly I really think you can trust her. I have noted the link of this post and will send her an email, you never know.

Hope you will get your cels, I am sure you will,

dro
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Can you post a link to this seller's gallery? If it's who I think it is, you've been ripped off. The person I'm thinking of actually posts scans of cels from other people's sites that they, in fact, do not even personally own. This may not be the same person, however.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
backlotanimation
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by backlotanimation »

Hello,

If you have the persons address you can call the phone company via #0 or 411 and ask for the name and address department and they can find the number for you,It's real easy as long as you have a name/city or the address they can give you any info you may need to contact the seller.

I hope this helps you out some.

Roy 8) (DBA)Backlotanimation
"And that is why you fail!"
Yoda
Nene

Post by Nene »

The cel sale page is here, Toni:
http://www.jamesxu.net/travis_cels/cel_ ... _page.html
Not sure if that's who you're thinking of or not but I know she does have my cel from sending it to the wrong person initially.

Roy, that sounds like a good idea but I can't do that since I'm in the UK and she's in the US. >.<

Hm... she contacted you on 8th June Akadro? I sent her an email before then for certain. Her lack of communication just bothers me along with the fact she was going to send it three weeks ago by a service that should get here in no more than 5 days. Thanks for dropping her an email though, seems like she actually talks to you lol. :P
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

PM Sent
Nene

Post by Nene »

Replied! ^_^ Thanks!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Thanks for the link! It's actually (thankfully) not the person I suspected, but they do have eerily similar email addresses. Hopefully the matter can be resolved. Roy makes a good suggestion, maybe you can get a friend in the US to do it for you. Is there anything you can do in small claims court, perhaps? I think you being in the UK limits your options, but anything is worth a shot at this point.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Nene

Post by Nene »

Small claims did come to my mind Toni but being in the UK I don't think that's possible. I think that only works for mainland disputes unfortunately. >.<

I also can't do a credit card chargeback since I purchased the US$ cheque from a "deputy" website and if I claimed, it would be from them when they haven't done anything wrong. So I'm sorta stuck unless the seller replies. Hopefully if another person emails them she might respond but who knows.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What about the other ones?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
backlotanimation
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by backlotanimation »

Hello,

Use the operator in the UK to contact the operator here in the US and they can connect you to the information department you need,Ask for (name and address)<--- Thats is the department who can give you numbers when you only have the address and name or only have the number and not a name.

I'm not sure, but I think now days you can look up phone numbers online if you have the name and address?

I wish you luck on getting your cel.

Roy 8) (DBA)Backlotanimation

P.S. If it comes down to it you can ask the deputy you got the check from to put a hold on it for you.It may cost you a few bucks but it's better than the whole payment lost.
"And that is why you fail!"
Yoda
Nene

Post by Nene »

Hm... could I cancel the cheque even though she's banked it and it's cleared? Wasn't sure if I could.