Scams, lets do something

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
redhusky3
Anime Geek

Scams, lets do something

Post by redhusky3 »

Hearing people lose money due to scams makes me feel sick inside. I almost bought a cel from someone that was a fraud. Apparently theres not much ebay can do at times.

So why don't we put up a black list on beta? Yes, sometimes mistakes do happen but this way we can help give Warnings to others.

well, ginga123, we can start with Harry Krigel if you'd like.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Gee. Perhaps we put up a black list on beta is impossible.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Problem with this idea, is that it has had alot of opposition in the past. Alot of people on this board are "Friends" and will stick up for them whether they are skrewing people over or not. Plus, you may get a seller that skrews up once and maybe doesn’t send out a package within a few days of payment that is wrongfully accused by a buyer that does not understand that life happens and people can not ship the same day a cel is paid for(or within a few days). Then you also may have people who claim something was never shipped when in fact it was, but it was post by the post office or something like that.

I am all for a list of sellers who scam... I may actually have one to add soon if I do not hear back from them soon(sent payment 12 days ago... have not heard a peep from them as of today and I have sent a couple of e-mails). bah...

Maybe we can post about a scam and edit if the situation is resolved? Then the information is still out there though so people will know that things like have happened with that seller in the past? that would be helpful... and that way people can also post about goods deals they have done as well with them. I dunno.. you may just create an entire section for scammers and make a new thread for a seller and peopel can reply to it... i dunno.. confusing.
lcatino

Post by lcatino »

I think this is a good idea, but maybe should stick to known scammers or thieves, and not necessarily buyers/sellers with poor communication, slow shipping.... There are too many variables as to why a transaction could be considered bad, but theft and scamming, like what ginga is going through, could help everyone avoid plainly dishonest buyers/sellers. :wink:
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

I've been slow, I'll admit....Mostly after March due to my freaking eye surgery....so would I count??? Hopefully not :wink:

I guess we should make "guidelines" before posting....Because people are bound to slip up because of life, or freaking Yahoo emails bouncing...
So there should be a time frame, and other stuff too...can't think of anything at the moment...

I've yet to be scammed....one package took 3 months....but it was from another country and so I think customs took it...
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Don't we have a Buyer's beware section? Or was that feature taken off?
The board moderator for that section (in the past) would screen the post before you post it. I guess they can use those guidelines people are putting on now. I think it is a good idea to warn people about it. I have had my share of dealings int he past where I have lost THOUSANDS of dollars in scam (not always cel related). For example, there is this one seller on Ebay that has sold probably $50,000 (maybe even more) in bootleg items from China in the past year. people are just now discovering that the items they paid for were bootleg when they try to get them authenticated. I have contacted Ebay about this seller alerting them to this, and Ebay says they will do nothing until I have an authentication company fax them a written letter confirming that he sells illegal bootlegs.

so, he continues selling these items . . .
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

There was a Vouch post...

Where you could post who you vouch for!

http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtop ... sc&start=0

Personally I think Vouching Image is alot better than "scam"

People can MISUSE the Word "Scam" very easily.... For example recently, Chibikitty was called a scammer.... Image Chibikitty just didn't want to sell her cell for less then what she paid for it.
redhusky3
Anime Geek

Post by redhusky3 »

It would be some one with numerous accounts of scamming others. Im a newbie and there was this seller with a history of taking the money and running.BUT i didnt know cause I didn't ask or see any Warning lists. It would be like a NUMBER of people know/encountered the user with the same experience.

Why would I be talking about 1 or 2 time mess ups? It happens. This is a thing where People TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN. It can be quiet obvious at times.
PLEASE dont think Im after someone cuz they just had surgery and had a little accident. No way, Im talking about the RE-commiters.
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Ahh. I see! I used to make these. I had a whole set of Slayers characters.
Wonder if I saved them on disk somewhere. It's been like 3 years...
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Ah hah.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Zag wrote:Ahh. I see! I used to make these. I had a whole set of Slayers characters.
Lol... Zag you replied to the wrong thread... Image

http://www.anikaos.com/pink_usagi.html
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

RoboFlonne wrote:
Zag wrote:Ahh. I see! I used to make these. I had a whole set of Slayers characters.
Lol... Zag you replied to the wrong thread... Image

http://www.anikaos.com/pink_usagi.html
D'oh~!
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

star-phoenix wrote:Don't we have a Buyer's beware section? Or was that feature taken off?
The board moderator for that section (in the past) would screen the post before you post it. I guess they can use those guidelines people are putting on now. I think it is a good idea to warn people about it. I have had my share of dealings int he past where I have lost THOUSANDS of dollars in scam (not always cel related). For example, there is this one seller on Ebay that has sold probably $50,000 (maybe even more) in bootleg items from China in the past year. people are just now discovering that the items they paid for were bootleg when they try to get them authenticated. I have contacted Ebay about this seller alerting them to this, and Ebay says they will do nothing until I have an authentication company fax them a written letter confirming that he sells illegal bootlegs.

so, he continues selling these items . . .
I am sure this is one of ebay's "bulk sellers" so of course they will do anything they can to keep the large volume sellers. If it were just a small time seller... they would have shut them down long time ago.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

We are all robots. They might have other options.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

Thanks red! :yourock:
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant