Tenshi ni Narumon dvds

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Tenshi ni Narumon dvds

Post by ZombieBunny »

Does anyone know where I can get this show?? I cant find it xx;....

Plus is there subtitles? lol Thank you!
vapalla
Senpai - Elder

Post by vapalla »

Tenshi ni Narumon was released in the most abysmal fashion possible by Synchpoint, who have since dropped the project after only releasing up to episode 13 (and literally taking years to do it!) Fansubs of this series exist, and if my burner wasn't working only sporadically, I'd volunteer to make some for you. If you are able to, try to find some of the DVDs from the first half because the torrents are very poor quality and show up as a small screen. To really appreciate the effort put into the show, you should see at least a little bit of it in a good copy.
Visit our Cel Gallery!: http://cat.rubberslug.com/
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

vapalla wrote:Tenshi ni Narumon was released in the most abysmal fashion possible by Synchpoint, who have since dropped the project after only releasing up to episode 13 (and literally taking years to do it!) Fansubs of this series exist, and if my burner wasn't working only sporadically, I'd volunteer to make some for you. If you are able to, try to find some of the DVDs from the first half because the torrents are very poor quality and show up as a small screen. To really appreciate the effort put into the show, you should see at least a little bit of it in a good copy.
So that's what happened...I was wondering why it took forever for Rightstuf to have the other dvd's. That really sucks because I saw the dvds on there and was hoping to eventually get a boxset :O . There's no news on a company getting the rights to the series to pick up where Synchpoint left off?
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

The US company never completely released it? I have some old Newtype USA mags that have it advertised. I can't believe the company never completely released the series!

I tried to find it as a HK DVD (you know the ones with engrish subs) but am having no luck. If I ever find anything I'll let you know. But if the series is on DVD in japan then you may have to settle for those (without any subtitles unfortunately) or the fansubs as Vapella was stating.

Good luck with your search!
ljupco
Kamisama - God

Post by ljupco »

The series is on dvd for sale at $45 US for the first dvd and $52 US for volumes 2-9. I know they are expensive but the quality of the sound and video is amazing its a great collectors item. Another bad thing is you can only play it on a Region 2 or Region free dvd player. A region free dvd player costs around $90 US or if you have a portable dvd player (like mine) will also play it for you. NOTE: Not all portable dvd players that you can get from Wal Mart can play it. I hope this will help the is the cover for the first volume. Image Volume 1
ImageVolume 3
ImageVolume 4 front cover
Image Volume 4 Back cover
ImageVolume 5 Front cover
ImageVolume 5 Back cover
ImageFront cover Volume 6
ImageVolume 6 back cover

The first volume has 2 episodes the others have 3.
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Sugarflower wrote:The US company never completely released it? I have some old Newtype USA mags that have it advertised. I can't believe the company never completely released the series!
!
Synch Point basically will only release something if they think they will make money on it and apparently they just don't think any future volumes will make them money. Its pretty stupid. Since they have to pay for the license anyway they should release the whole thing as a box set or something subbed and make something off it. Not that they make much sense with what they do anyway, FLCL dvds were printed quite low, below actual demand and they have never reprinted them to meet demand. It would seem like a no brainer.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

It's a double shame since the series is very random and repetitious up through episode 11, with all sorts of ridiculous situations. Everyone I've ever heard says that you have to be patient with this story arc, because around the edges it's setting up long-range narrative threads, which, after the pivotal episodes 12-13, suddenly move from the background to the foreground. Then with episode 14 on you're in quite a different anime world, and the plot darkens to a surprising extent in the final episodes.

Most of the episodes that TnN fans really love are in the second, unreleased story arc. (Mine is Step 22: Just Stretch Your Hand and … See?, which is about as good as anime of this genre is legally allowed to be.) This is fortunate as for some reason most of the cels that come on the market are also from these episodes as well.

Imagine a CCS release terminated before Yue appears and you get some idea.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Yes, the show only gets better, and watchers have to give it a chance! I won't say too much, but it does get very dark, actually. Not blood and guts everywhere dark, but... you get what I mean.

I am appalled at how poorly it's been released. They haven't actually said that they've completely stopped to my knowledge, but they might as well. I was so upset that I hadn't seen the ending in so long I had to revert back to the fansubs. I'll gladly buy the rest when/if somebody finally gets off their lazy butts and does something about it.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I've seen the first 4 episodes when it first came out on vhs fansub about 8 years or so ago. I loved it but never had a chance to see more than that.
vapalla
Senpai - Elder

Post by vapalla »

This is the latest news from synchpoint from AX:
SynchPoint is considering releasing the remainder of I'm Gonna Be An Angel as a single box, but production on both that and the Ultimate Edition release of FLCL has slowed significantly as the company focuses on its manga titles.
Full report at ANN"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=333

Unfortunately, that is also what they said last year

This is from their online blog 6/9/05:
we are also considering different formats of releasing I'm Gonna be an Angel, such as releasing the last three volumes as a set, to sell the product better & to release it quicker."
The full statement makes entertaining reading:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6813

My favorite part:
So if you're protesting the delayed release of I'm Gonna be an Angel by boycotting all Broccoli goods (as some fans have angrily emailed), you're just shooting yourself in the foot b/c that's a sure way of not getting it released. So Synch-Point is trying to get the rest of I'm Gonna be an Angel released by pushing out Di Gi Charat Original Series and others.
Visit our Cel Gallery!: http://cat.rubberslug.com/
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

I never knew it would be so hard to find a show :emb

Thank you everyone for your two cents and such! At least I got pointed in the right direction lol

and Sensei you rock! /kis2
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Oh yay! *does happy dance* :bny

Sensei is wonderful! Thank you for everything! :D

I love it so far and I love the cels! /kis

*goes watching again*
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

sensei i might take you up on your offer to burn that off for me.

i've seen the whole series. i love it! i found my episodes from bittorrent.
true on the bittorrent episodes i found on the picture and subtitles are good. it's the sound quality, either you hear this echo sound or scratchiness.

but if we skip over episodes 1-13, we'll miss dispell. he's the only thing that keeps those first 13 episodes interesting.

the release on tnn is the same for ccd. whoever has the license rights to them dont think it'll make money. probably those titles didnt back when they were released but they will now. so they just need to release them.