What renews your love or gives you "newbie" feel?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

The recent shows that gave me the "newbie/loving feeling" would be Saiunkoku, Seirei no Moribito, and Lovely Complex.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Tell me more.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

Right now, my favorite new anime that I’m watching is Koutetsu Sangokushi (I’m on episode 17).

I spent the beginning episodes freaked out by pretty boys proclaiming their love for one another and then hitting each other. :wow:

But now, I’m enjoying: Rikuson’s torment in choosing between loyalty to his friends and love for his teacher (while finally recognizing the diabolical and manipulative nature of his Sensei); Ryotou’s forgiving of the man who killed his father; Kannei’s anguish over the deaths of Shuuyu and his previous lord, Kouso; and Komei’s diabolical plot, in using the child who loves flowers, to bring about the end of the world.
Cenbe
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Cenbe »

Well, even though I'm too new to have actually lost my newbie feelings and so I don't really need them to be renewed, I've got to say that I just watched the 1st episode of Ghost Hound and my faith in the future vitality of the medium is certainly justified. It's kind of reassuring to know that right now, someone is working on something fabulous that I'll get to see in few months!
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

any ghibli film for me is a good pick me upper. :D
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Sometimes I can go months without watching any anime
but every now and again I'll pop in my old Ranma dvds and watch
an OVA episode then find myself saying
"OK! What havent I seen on the shelf?"
/eyes:
and thats when I start perusing the boxsets to start a new series lol!
:crackup
So for me, digging up my old favorites always
put that "spark" in me. :wink:
:hello
As for which new anime gave me that warm newbie feeling :emb
lol
I just finished up "Koi Kaze" and fell absolutely in love with it!
:love2
The fact this anime made me laugh, turn my nose, feel anger,
disgust, and then stream tears like a baby in 3 dvds
is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
*_*
8O

Makes me realize how much I just love animation and
well written stories brought to life on the screen. ^_^
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Cardcaptor Sakura. :D
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

glorff wrote:Totoro :D
I second that, Glorff. The whole package of story, characters, artwork and music lifts my spirits and reminds me how fantastic animation is. I've not experienced that feeling with any other anime and never will.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

For me personnally there are three films that I can wack on and know I'll enjoy and that will always mean I have some small interest in anime.

1: Laputa, I saw it when I was about 10 or 11 and I'd never seen much anime before and it completely blew me away then and I still think it's one of the most beautifully animated films I've ever seen.

2: Akira for the story and just the timelessness of its quality, the level of depth in the animation still means that I can always pick up on new little bits here and there.

3: Fist of the North Star, I just start watching the movie and I have to admit I start cracking up. It's appallingly animated and the perspective in some of the scenes is just well deranged frankly, but it makes me laugh and for that reason keeps me going back to it.
Last edited by Captain Haddock on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Captain Haddock wrote:Fist of the North Star: I just start watching the movie and just start cracking up. It's appallingly animated and the perspective in some of the scenes is just well deranged...
*tut tut* I'm disappointed and disagree because I think this movie was very well done. The use of perspective- extra large baddies and tall buildings etc made a positive impact, much like the manga. It's used not to appear realistic but give an impression of powerhouse adversaries and forboding circumstances. Technically the TV series was poorer but still maintained a distinctive visual style which I commend.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Well we'll have to agree to disagree then :wink: . I've not seen the series so on that I can't comment, but the movie, some of the scene's particually the bit where the two children are being chased by bikers just doesn't work for me, not to mention that bit where the two armies meet. Of course the way they used perspective was a deliberate effect, but I just personnally don't think it works. Don't get me wrong I love the movie, but just for differant reasons.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

My recharge is Fushigi Yuugi. From the first beat of the OP to the final gasp at the last moment of the final episode of the tv series, I believe the world is right again. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

Well, watching old favorites can do it... Bubblegum Crisis OVAs, Ghost in the Shell, Totoro...

Recently, my friends and I have been re-sparkign our interest in anime by buying cheap, old video tapes of the kinds of anime we loved back when we first got into it. We checked out The Humanoid, Roots Search, Harmageddon, and Toward the Terra for the first time in this way. This was a lot of fun.

Also, my yearly trip to Otakon always re-invigorates my interest.