What is your favorite CG Anime to collect sketches from?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

lol, I went back to my "won" auctions on YJ just to make sure I didn't have a brain fart or something. :crackup I've been so out of it with the holidays that I don't know if I'm coming or going. :P Thanks again for splitting the one - I can't wait til you get it :friends:

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I really loved the animation on Wolf's Rain as well. I knew if I saw sketches of that series, I would probably go ga-ga over them. So, what I did do was buy a very nice painting from the director that represents all 5 of the nicest characters and that basically satisfied my Wolf's Rain fettish and probably saved lots more $$ were that came from (I hope).

Still would like to find some nice Full Metal Alchemist sketches. I just got into that series about 5 days ago. I am not excited from any of the water colors that AM has up. The characters look a bit too "boxy" on the top one (the one with Ed, Al, and that girl). Do they even have the artist's name signed on it?
nesuferit
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by nesuferit »

Some of the series that I am interested the artwork is pretty hard to find. I'd love to collect from Hellsing (Alucard & Integra) and Samurai Deeper Kyo (Kyo, Kyoshiro, Yukimura and Benitora). I am also interested in collecting Saiyuki (Hakkai), Rah Xephon (Ayato), Wolf's Rain and Naruto.

Currently I only have sketches from Rah Xephon and Family Guy. I used to have a lovely key douga of Kiba from Wolf's Rain but I sold it because even though it was very nice I didn't really want a profile shot :^^:
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://nepenthe.rubberslug.com
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Pudge wrote:Oh course I am talking about the one we are going to split. :friends:
How does that work ? Right down the middle or something of joined custody visiting rights on weekends deal ? :^^:
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Fever's Break
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Fever's Break »

star-phoenix wrote:I really loved the animation on Wolf's Rain as well. I knew if I saw sketches of that series, I would probably go ga-ga over them. So, what I did do was buy a very nice painting from the director that represents all 5 of the nicest characters and that basically satisfied my Wolf's Rain fettish and probably saved lots more $$ were that came from (I hope).
That is a gorgeous painting!! Did you get that from Museum's sale? I would love to find something like that. So far I have had no luck finding any sketches for sale that I wanted.

/hmm Let's see. I haven't seen allot of CG shows yet, but I'd love to have a few sketches from Wolf's Rain, Yami no Matsuei, and maybe a sketch of Shigure from Fruits Basket. Right now, I mostly want sketches from Naruto though. I have a few Kakashi/ Sasuke sketches on the way thanks to Pudge. /thx Actually, those will be my very first CG sketches. 8O
Life is too important to be taken seriously.
~Oscar Wilde
yaten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by yaten »

Prince of Tennis!! mmm... PoT... mmm... Kaidoh... MMM INUI!!! o.o *licks computer screen* *hacks up a dustball* *coughcough*
Last Gallery Update = June 17th, 2004
sovereign
Kishin - Fierce God

furuuuuuba

Post by sovereign »

right now, my CG sketch collection consists of lots of Fruits Basket genga(which unfortunately I can't show publicly). I just got a new Azumanga layout which I'm pretty happy about, and I'm also searching for genga from Mamotte Shugogetten. the latter are uber-rare, I lost the few YJ auctions I bid on last year and haven't seen any since.

/Mina
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I collect sketches from Yugioh. I'd like to start collecting from Weiss Kreuz Gluhen, .hack//sign and Fruits Basket. For whatever reason, I just haven't started collecting them yet. :shrug Maybe that's a good thing.

--duo
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
evilminion
Senpai - Elder

Post by evilminion »

Mmmmmmmm, sketches. :)

That'd have to be RahXephon and Naruto for me, at least publicly. Heh. What I'd really love to get my hands on is more Full Metal Panic, but apparently I'm insanely lucky just to have the one set that I do. *pets Kurz-kun reassuringly* And of course, you can never have too much Full Metal Alchemist, Gatekeepers, or Fruits Basket.

This question may have been asked before, but has anyone seen any Hellsing production sketches yet? I've seen photocopies, but that's about it...
He who dies with the biggest mech... obviously needed a bigger mech.
http://www.evilminion.com/ - anime cel gallery
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

hehehe Its not hard to guess what CG show I like to collect and what character I like

<===== icons and quote make it obvious hehehe

Naruto all the way! :o
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

for the moment it's fruits basket, saiyuki, fullmetal alchemist, and wolf's rain. found the fma ones on ebay for sale, so i bought them. fruits basket i have one 1 so far of chibi haru i bought from titana as well as for the saiyuki genga.
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Well, hope I'm not too late in posting to this topic...

I've never really considered myself much of a "sketch" person ... but a lot of shows I love are coming out in CG --- as seems to be the way of animation now ... sigh. :hurt:

I love Saiyuki, and the only CG sketches I have are from that show. I would love to collect from WK Gluhen, Wolf's Rain, Yami no Matseui (sp?? :? ), Fruits Basket, Full Metal Panic, and Pretear. So far, I've only seen stuff available from Wolf's Rain ... but it's all been more than I wanted to pay. I don't cruise Yahoo Japan ... guess I'm a bit intimidated by it ... so the chances of me finding production art from the other CG shows I love are probably slim to none (leaning toward none) :hitting: . But, I can still dream, can't I?
Last edited by tex-chan on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

rayd
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rayd »

I'll liven up this thread with you tex-chan. :^^: Im off the norm i guess, else i guess everyone too wants the shows i like. The few CG sketches i have are from Kinos Journey and Niea_7. I would love to get my hands on some sketches of Haibane Renmei but i fear those have all been swallowed up, i even missed the boat on the HB rilezu repro cels. :bawl But hopefully in the future one or two may pop up., then i'll be all over them like (insert clever phase here). I'll continue to go after the kinos too.
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

I've finally been infected by the need to collect sketches as well (*sniff* not many cels left *sniff*). My first ones are a few from Wolf's Rain that are currently on my way to me. :D I'll post some pics when they get here.

Nikki
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

-Evilminion- check out my gallery for original hellsing genga :) expo was good to us this year :)

I haven't gotten into too much of the cg stuff yet, mainly because...I just can't get as excited over it as I can over a cel. I know, there really isn't all that much difference, they are both "originals", but the cels are just so much more impressive then a piece of paper.

That said, I mainly collect from Chobits, DBZ, and Hellsing so far, but I have original sketches on the way from Fruits Basket and Kino's Journey-kino is definately one I will be actively pursuing. I would love to find some from Haibane, or Witch Hunter Robin, ROD, perhaps even Wolf's Rain if I can convince myself to cough up the cash.
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat